Good golly, Miss Molly! It’s been simply ages since I’ve blogged! I don’t want to do this, but there’s just so much to get to that we’re going to go ahead and do the vintage review a little bit differently so that we can get caught up quickly. Quite a lot has happened since I did my last vintage month in review in September:
- I made my Carmen Miranda costume for Halloween…finally! I used a couple fabulous pieces of clothing that came from my mom’s 1970s closet, a collection of funky bobbles and beads from my jewelry box and a funky fruit headdress that I planned for months and made the night before Halloween, of course. (If you don’t know Carmen Miranda, fix that! Watch this) I also helped my guy, Nathan, pull together his Sherlock Holmes costume. Not just any Sherlock Holmes either, he was very specific about wanting to be the Robert Downey Jr. version.
- I surprised Nathan with a trip to Vancouver, B.C. for his birthday. It was cold, but wonderful! I have pictures of the fabulous vintage buildings around town that I’ll have to share soon. I can’t wait to go back!
- My wonderful guy moved into my tiny, vintage apartment. Or should I say “our” vintage apartment…
- I pulled together a little 1965 photoshoot just for fun (I know you’ve already seen a teaser, but there is so much more to see. I promise I’ll get there!)
- I’ve been prepping for my vintage Christmas—like I don’t do that ALL year long, hah!—and I have so much to show you!
- And, of course, I did the Festival of Trees fundraiser (like I do every Thanksgiving) which honestly took most of my time in October and November because I made the majority of my ornaments for the 75th Anniversary of Wizard of Oz tree.
Is that enough to do over the last couple months? I think so! Oh, and I had to have a little surgery, but don’t worry, I’m just fine and now I can finally get back to blogging! I have so much I want to post both from photoshoots and from vintage Christmas-ing. Let’s get back on track!