When I make it down to San Francisco, one of my very favorite places to visit is Haight & Ashbury; heart of the Summer of Love. Not only is the architecture in the area absolutely to die for and the culture very bohemian, but the selection of vintage shopping is absolutely incredible.
Take a look at some teaser pictures I snuck with my cellphone in some of the amazing vintage shops. (Please excuse the crude cellphone quality pictures!)
For the most part, you’ll spend a pretty penny for vintage at Haight & Ashbury, but there is quite an amazing collection to see. Here’s a list of my favorite shops that I visited on this last trip so that you’re quite prepared when you visit this area for yourself:
- Mystery Mister: quite the interesting collection with little themed vignettes around the store. I was drawn in by some reproduction art deco artwork that I fell for through the window.
- Ambiance: the combo of vintage and modern clothing and accessories that are represented in this store is stunning.
- Decades of Fashion: if you want a costume for any period themed party, go here.
- Relic Vintage: their collection of vintage tiki wear made me squeal out-loud in the store. Just saying.
- Dollhouse Bettie: just the prettiest collection of vintage and retro you’ll see anywhere. Need a bit of sexy in your life? Go here.
- Tatyana: retro, vintage-inspired clothing with a Bettie Page, pin up style.
Hello from a street car! (Consider this your postcard from San Fran!)